The essence of pressure casting (die casting) is making liquid or semi-liquid metal filling casting mold at high speed and high pressure to form the casting by solidifying.
Die casting characteristics
1. High quality: high dimensional precision, good mechanical performance, stable size, good interchangeability, thin-walled complex casting can be produced.
2. High productivity: die casting machines have a long life, up to hundreds of thousands of times, even millions of times.Easy to implement mechanization and automation.
3. Good economic effect: there is no need or less time to reprocess due to the precision size of die casting pieces, surface gloss and other advantages, which improves the utilization rate of metal, also reduces a lot of processing equipment and working hours.
Although die-casting has many advantages, it also has some disadvantages, which need to be solved. Such as:
1. Due to the high speed and unstable flow state of liquid metal filling cavity during die casting, The casting is easy to produce porosity and cannot be heat treated.
2. For complex inner-concave casting, die-casting is hard to handle.
3. High melting point alloy (such as copper, black metal), die casting life is short.
4. It is not suitable for small batch production, which is mainly caused by high manufacturing cost of die casting type, high production efficiency of die casting machine and uneconomic production for small batch.