Casting cleaning process mainly includes the following steps:
(1) Remove molding sand and core sand inside and outside the casting. For sand mold casting with box, it is the process of unpacking, sand dropping, sand cleaning (core removing), and sand cleaning on the surface.
(2) Remove the metal outside the casting body, such as casting system, risers, metal subsidies, ribbing and casting defects (drape joints, flanges, burrs, etc.)
(3) The quality inspection: some important castings should be added with non-destructive testing (X-ray, ultrasonic, magnetic powder, etc.)
(4) Repair of casting defects.
(5) Heat treatment.
(6) Remove rust and apply protective paint (some castings have to be rough).
In the process of casting cleaning, the common methods of removing sand include vibrating shakeout, manual cleaning, hydraulic cleaning, electric blasting cleaning, electrochemical cleaning, blasting cleaning, roller cleaning, vibration cleaning, etc.
The methods to remove casting risers are as follows: hammer removal, oxyacetylene flame cutting, oxyacetylene flame vibration gas cutting, plasma cutting, oxygen flux gas cutting, oxygen tube gas cutting, mechanical gas cutting, etc.
Casting surface dressing methods are shoveling and arc air gouging.
After quality inspection, casting defects should be corrected and environmental protection should be paid attention to throughout the process.